Monday, October 02, 2006

Prospecting techniques

Here are a few tips I found to work well for me while I've been out prospecting. They are not the usual ways people go about prospecting, or at least not the way the sales manager would want you to, so don't tell them.

1. Have more business cards with you than you can use, at any given time.
What I mean by this is that you should be giving out your card to almost everyone you meet. This is a prospecting technique that gets your name out there and all you have to do is give someone your business car. You never know who is going to end up with it. I was in the staffing agency for years and I would give out my card to parking lot attendants in case they wanted a better position. Here, I would be acquiring a person who was loyal to me, since I helped them find a new job, and it was one more person that I could add to my arsenal of employable people. I didn't just prospect for clients. I went out to prospect for more of my product. Now that's a prospecting technique!

2. Give your business card away to every one who might be a client.
I was involved in the local chamber of commerce and when I saw anyone I didn't know, I would walk up to them and introduce myself. This was a great prospecting technique. Then I would put my business card in their hand. Didn't matter if they could likely use my services or not. I wanted everyone to know me. They might be able to refer me to someone who could use my services. A great prospecting technique! Don't think that any one is not worth talking to and getting to know. You just can't be sure who will have some needs. Always be prospecting. Even if you're not on the clock. It's just more money in your pocket. Please check this out if you want to live a the lifestyle now, that you have been working towards for years.
http://www.ezniche.com/data/article.php?l=409

3. When it comes to making money, don't exclude any options. I learned that a long time ago. Anything and everything is an oportunity to make money. When I left the staffing industry I had already made half a million in the internet marketing business, just by working at night at it. Now I spend about an hour a day actuallly working, then the rest of the day I'm out on the golf course. Don't discount anything. I also have a great product here for anyone who is interesteed in making money online by doing affiliate marketing. It's incredibly easy to get going, with no start up cost at all. If you have ever wanted to work for yourself this is the way.

http://www.ezniche.com/data/article.php?l=409

No comments: