Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Are you having a hard time getting in to see new clients?

Here are a few tricks I used to get in to visit with new clients and make a sales meeting.

I really wanted to do business with this book binding company and I knew that I had to win a tough nut over in HR. After months of stopping in the office trying to get the HR director to meet with me, I thought to myself that I am smashing my head against a bunch of bricks. This was my big elephant, my new client. This was the sales meeting of the century for me. All I had to do was to figure out how to do that. I left the office with my head down and as I walked to my car I saw her leaving in her brand new Volkswagon Bug. Then I got an idea.
I ran down to the store and bought a miniature model of that same Bug. I put a note inside the passenger seat of the car. The note said, "I don't mean to be a bug, but you need to hear the plan I have to save you labor costs."
I ran back to my office chuckiling. At the very least I was having fun now with this client and not just getting no's all day. Yet I still hoped for the sales meeting with this client.
Sure enough, the next morning this potential client called me for the first time and asked me to stop by for a sales meeting later in the week. I was astounded. A little humor and creativity got me through the door, when all my other efforts were for nothing.
What creative ideas can you use to get that client to make a sales meeting with you?

Here are some more ideas that you might like.

http://www.ezniche.com/data/article.php?l=382

No comments: